> > Logical? Only for programmers not knowing the gigantic overhead of threads.
> > Fast? Its probrably for most problems not even faster to develop,
> > especially
> > since multithreading always leads to the nastiest bug ever. And for the
> > application its obvious that it gets slower with each thread.
> There's so much prejudice in this that I won't comment.
tell me about nasty bugs and multithreading.

> IRC servers have different requirements. They need to be able to handle
> several thousands of simultaneous connections. That's why they don't use
> threads. If I wrote an IRC server in java that was designed to handle
> several thousands of connections I wouldn't use threads for I/O, either.
> Your point is moot.
No, the point is valid. Well we only want some dozen of connections. However the
point still holds since it wont be better on an application Like freenet.
However I agree, its not a big deal to use a thread for each connection. This is
very reasonable.

> Using threads has _nothing_ to do with careless programming.
Using 1200 Thread IS CARELESS Programming.

But this discussion is in a dead end. Performance doesnt seem to be an issue for
you, so there we go. Have fun.