What was your bandwidth limit set to? How many connections do you have?
An ubernode will naturally use significant resources. Is the below
number of threads / cpu usage situation "normal" for your node?

Artificially constraining the number of threads in use is likely to be
catastrophic with freenet's current architecture, so no.