* Ian Clarke <ian.clarke at gmail.com> [2008-07-22 16:11:22]:

> I remain concerned about our installation process for 0.8.  It is
> obviously critical that someone can get from visiting our website, to
> running and using Freenet, as easily as possible.

Do you have anything specific in mind?

Atm we have the following panels:
- language selection panel
We can't get rid of that one short of having one installer per language

- Welcome panel
Getting rid of that one would be rude

- path selection panel
ditto

- pack selection panel
Someone (presumably you) suggested getting rid of that one: While we
can defer the plugin-selection to the wizard, we can't do it for the
"autostart" feature: the installer runs with privileges the node won't
have!

- copy panel
- processing panel
Agreed it would be cool to merge both... but that involves hacking
izPack and isn't trivial to do.

- shortcut creation panel
users like this one...

- greetings panel
Same as for the welcome panel; we can't realistically exit without
saying anything.

NextGen$