> I vote for this option, to be exact, i vote for the way, how FMS basicly
> works:
>
> - 1 trustlist for every application: With this value, you set, if you want to
> read someones
> messages, see someones files, freesites or whatever your WoT-based app uses.
> No value by default, if
> trusted identities have set a value for an identity, it is used for trust
> calculation (details for
> the calculation can be found on the FMS freesite). If you yourself do set a
> value, it may either be
> part of the trust calculation or (optionally) overwrite the calculated trust.
> If no value is set or
> there exists a value and it is bigger than a locally set limit, you download
> his data, else it is
> ignored.
>
> - 1 trustlist trust: This does set, if you trust the person to introduce
> identities and to vote
> "right" on people. If you set this value and it is higher than your local
> limit, then you download
> his trustlists and the values in them are used in the application trust value
> of every known identity.
>
> This system is relativly simple, you can understand it and follow it, if you
> want and it does use
> the "little world theory" and the idea of a friends network. And, just as a
> reminder: This idea and
> the basic concept was created and agreed upon between all actively writing
> frost identities during
> the beginning of the massive frost spam.

I absolutly dislike the Idea of two lists (FMS is much too complicated
for my taste). In fact I am not sure if there is the need of different
namespaces, the likelyhood that you like someones uploads when he doesnt
like his Messages is very unlikely, but if someone spams on Freetalk its
pretty likely he also spams other applications. If someone needs
different Identities for different Application, he should just generate
2 different ones.

But if we stick to namespaces! Just applicate any Metric on all the
namespaces available. This could be something simple like Min() or
Median() or whatever Metric you like. Just calculate this Metascore and
handle it accordingly.

BTW: The scale is from -100 to 100, but as someone already pointed out
this doesnt indicate if we allow negative trust, which I would suggest
to not use. If you can gain something of generating a new ID (i.e trust
0 in contrast to -100) the whole scale below 0 will be useless.

greets
Apophis / Thomas