Matthew Toseland schrieb:
> My observation: Can we get rid of the "I will configure it manually" choice?
> And maybe the welcome page? (#3094)

You want to force everyone to use the Wizard?

> Because we were both on the same LAN, it did not connect, until I told him to
> set it to allow local addresses on that peer. There should be a checkbox when
> adding a noderef, defaulting to on, "Friend may be on the same local network
> as me" or something. (#3098)

This is imho not usual, so i would set this to very low priority and only for
advanced mode enabled.

> Related idea: We should maybe tell the user in the installer that they should
> use a separate browser for Freenet, rather than in the wizard? And then let
> them choose one, and then use it when they click on the icon to browse
> Freenet? (#3104)

This would produce additional work for people packaging freenet, since they
would have to warn the
user themselves, while users tend to ignore the output of the package manager.
So this would lower the chance of people noticing the request for a different
freenet
browser/profile and therefor i am against it. I suggest the current way:
Warning during first call
of the webinterface like it is currently done.