Ian Clarke wrote:
> The Guardian has an article, the product of an interview I did a few
> weeks ago, read it here:
>
>   http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/nov/26/dark-side-internet-freenet
>
> You can read my public response here:
> http://blog.locut.us/main/2009/11/25/the-guardian-writes-about-freenet.html
>
> I think there is a chance my response could get some attention, so I'd
> appreciate feedback/proofreading, but please be quick!
>
> Ian.

The article caption reads completely differently from the article text. This:

"Freenet software allows users complete anonymity as they share viruses,
criminal contacts and child pornography"

is practically libel. And quite offensive, actually.

I think it's important to point out that censor-monitors abusing their power
(which is what Freenet is designed to counteract) is far scarier and a much
bigger problem than a couple of paedophiles looking at kiddie porn. It's the
whole blowing-things-out-of-proportion / fear-mongering thing.