On Oct 28, 2010, at 1:04 PM, Robert Hailey wrote:
> On 2010/10/28 (Oct), at 12:51 PM, Robert Hailey wrote:
>>> On Mac OS X, 10.4 is just old, and active OSX users will upgrade they?ll
>>> computers to get new operating systems.
>>
>> At the least OS X 10.5 has java-5 as the default vm, so it might cause a
>> disruption to anyone on a PPC who is "stuck" at 10.5
>
> Java-6 is not supported on PPC (as per: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4296),
> but I somehow managed to get it working sometime ago via a hackish article
> some time ago which I cannot find at the moment.

SoyLatte has OpenJDK 7 (beta) available for Mac OS X 10.5 on the PPC
architecture: http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/

Any PPC Mac that's capable of running Freenet can handle upgrading to 10.5. I
would know; I tested it out on a PowerMac (G3 I believe) that would almost
qualify as an adult. I haven't found a 1.6 version of this software yet...

The one question left would be... is v7 backward compatible to run what would
be Freenet coded in v6?

~Daxter