On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 22:49 +0100, Ximin Luo wrote:
> fix pushed to github.
>
> actually i just realised that the revision of fred that the submodule pointed
> to had a known bug in, which was later fixed, so i've also bumped the revision
> to build01387. you might want to update your local git repo too.
>
> On 23/07/11 22:28, Ximin Luo wrote:
> > try this:
> >
> > line 78 in build-freenet-daemon.sh:
> > - change "git submodule update" to "git submodule update --init"
> >
> > lemme know if it works and i'll push the fix.

Need to download all dependencies you list, but the last two
 (experimental) was downloaded by hand.
Add this unlisted dependency  libservice-wrapper-j

Doing only the suggested correction gave this error

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
build freenet-daemon
- clean previous build products...
- update submodules...
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

To complete the process and start an apparently working daemon

 I made a big test matrix: here the result
1) untar a fresh copy at the user main dir level
2) remove any .git directory
3) do a git init
4) do a git pull git://github.com/freenet/debian-staging.git
5) make the correction you suggest
6) run the corrected script from the parent directory

Lot of unusual messages come from initializing freenet, bot on log and
from user interface.

I'll prepare another post if useful; in the meantime what is the
 status of non-sun Java compatibilities? Being my present daemon
 compiled with

I'll try to run it with it. Again, are probable problems
 listing useful for the maillist?

Thanks. Marco