On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 11:35 +0100, Ximin Luo wrote:

> > Need to download all dependencies you list, but the last two
> >  (experimental) was downloaded by hand.
> > Add this unlisted dependency  libservice-wrapper-j
> >

> really? freenet-daemon builds-depends on service-wrapper, which depends on
> libservice-wrapper-{java,jni} - you shouldn't need to download the latter two
> explicitly, apt-get should do this automatically.

Remember, I started from an Ubuntu 11.04 with no (not yet) any
development system (no git, nothing). That was was.
 apt-get told me

> > Doing only the suggested correction gave this error
> >
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > build freenet-daemon
> > - clean previous build products...
> > - update submodules...
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> >
> > To complete the process and start an apparently working daemon
> >
> >  I made a big test matrix: here the result
> > 1) untar a fresh copy at the user main dir level
> > 2) remove any .git directory
>
> untar a fresh copy of what? you shouldn't need to untar anything if you clone
> debian-staging...

Untar a fresh copy of freenet-debian-staging-aa554d0.tar.gz
Didn't work untarring it in a purposely-made directory, so I need
 to do it in my home

> > 3) do a git init
> > 4) do a git pull git://github.com/freenet/debian-staging.git
> > 5) make the correction you suggest
> > 6) run the corrected script from the parent directory
> >

> what parent directory is this? build-freenet-daemon.sh is meant to be run from
> its own directory, i.e. the top repository directory of debian-staging.

Not understandable by me, sorry. Nothing similar to "debian staging"
 here

> the steps I tried:
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/freenet/debian-staging.git
> $ cd debian-staging
> $ ./build-freenet-daemon.sh
>
> this should work if you have all build-dependencies installed (Build-Depends:
> in debian/control)
>
> > Lot of unusual messages come from initializing freenet, bot on log and
> > from user interface.
> >
> > I'll prepare another post if useful; in the meantime what is the
> >  status of non-sun Java compatibilities? Being my present daemon
> >  compiled with
> >

> works fine on openJDK, personally i recommend using that (as it's the official
> JDK of debian.)

Naive question; why running fred is telling me that jvm is sun 1_6_0_22?

Thanks again.   Marco