(Reply split in two mails since I need the answer of toad for only one of
them)

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 07:01:05 PM Steve Dougherty wrote:
> On 07/30/2013 05:45 PM, xor wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 02:38:28 PM Steve Dougherty wrote:
> >> At p0s' request here's some information about how Infocalypse currently
> >> uses WoT.
> >>
> >> Infocalypse sets a "vcs" context on identities when they create a
> >> repository, and inserts a list of repositories under the identity's
> >> subspace at /vcs/.
> >
> > "VCS" as in "Version control system" is a general term and hg/Infocalypse
> > for sure is not the only one.
>
> This is the intent. OThere are fields to specify what VCS is being used
> in both pull requests and the repository lists. One of the initial
> design goals was to allow other source control systems to add support
> for Freenet in the same way. I hope for the Infocalypse web UI Fred
> plugin to be VCS agnostic so that it could be used with anything that
> communicates with it properly over FCP. I guess that makes the name wrong.

Generic code is usually a very good design so I appreciate this effort.
However it is notable that the nature of open source development might still
lead to multiple implementations of generic VCS systems.
We already have an example of this with FMS and Freetalk both implementing the
same service but being separate spaces due to incompatible design decisions.

So I still vote for this: