On 2 Oct 2014 at 21:11:11, Denis Gervalle
(d...@softec.lu(mailto:d...@softec.lu)) wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Guillaume Lerouge
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > actually one thing we could try is this:
> >
> > - *Keep the "Add" button where it is and use it for page-related
> > actions:*

This is not fully true. It’s NOT about page-related actions at all. It’s about
page **content** actions.

Page-related actions are in the top level menus with “Delete page”, “rename
page”, “move page”. So it makes sense to have “Create child page” in there too.

> > - "Add child page”

How would it look differently than the one at the top since both have the
current page as the default parent?

> > - "Add comment" (as suggested by Denis)
> > - "Add attachment" (as suggested by Denis)

The show links in the More actions menu also allow to add comments/attachments
and so does the extradoc tabs at the bottom of the page. I’m wondering if it’s
not confusing to have so many ways of doing the same thing.

> > - *Add a "Create" button in the top bar, with 2/3 options:*
> > - "Create page" (TBD)
> > - "Create space"
> > - "Create wiki"
> > - In this case, after clicking "Create" the user would be presented with
> > a page / modal box listing existing instances as well as available
> > templates
> >
> > I think this would solve both my issues (having less-frequent actions in
> > the same location as a more-frequent one, not being in the right place on
> > the page) and GuillaumeD's wife issue (the "Add" button is easy to find
> > where it is right now, why move it?).
> >
> > WDYT?
> >

> Big +1 for me. I am convince we need "in context" and "out of context"
> operation to be separated.

I’m a bit less convinced than you Denis that have 2 “Add” actions is a good
thing. Don’t you think it could be confusing for the user and I don’t think
it’s very clear when to use one or another. And even more so since the page
that appears when you click them is the same one in both cases…

ATM I still prefer having a single Add/Create button at the top by far

Thanks
-Vincent