Hi Fawad, Caty, all,

Hi all,
Hoping that everything is going well.

Stephane, I was able to do implement most of your suggestions except the search results list.

I just gave a try to the latest code, well done with the Solr queries and the
search integration in the user interface, that's cool!

I am not too sure where I should place it. As per the latest build, the filter
widget appears to the left. Do you think it is practical that we replace this
widget with the search results when the user wants to see the search results
and show the widget back again when the user clicks on the widget control? I am
not too sure what approach I should choose here in terms of UX.
Ecaterina, your views on this would help a lot. Thanks. :)

Imho the most convenient UX is the following for these widgets, something
similar to this map:

  http://carte.preference-commerce.fr/cci-fr/

That is:

- The facets can get activated from a button. When they get activated, they
show up in an overlay panel on top of the map, without hiding the list.
- The list gets displayed under the search input, in an overlay as well, and
can be completely hidden on request

It's rather close to what Google Maps proposes as well, except that the facets replace
the list in that case (when hitting "Autres filtres"), which is a bit less
convenient in my opinion, but not a big deal:

  https://www.google.com/maps/search/Restaurants/@48.865957,2.352974,16z

What do you think?

Also, do you foresee the map to take full browser height and width as is seen
in all the examples you gave me?

That would be a nice feature to have a button on the map to turn it full-screen
indeed, similarly to what happens with the XWiki text editor.

Cheers

Stéphane
Regarding the release, I will try preparing everything by tonight so that it is
available for your review, including the demo tests that Vincent suggested.

Best,
Fawad

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:59 PM Stéphane Laurière <slauri...@xwiki.com