Taran

Very good point...   we must share a definition in order to communicate
effectively...   I snicker as I recall a story from a friend as he
participated in planning meeting for an ICT award by a UN body... the person
in charge of the project interrupted the meeting when someone was talking
about a experience with  community radio...  saying loudly:  "that is not
ICT"...

makes me laugh each time I think of the situation...  but then again...
maybe I am weird...  coming from the education side of ICT4D I see all
educational technologies as ICT...   from overhead projectors to marker
boards...  they are all technologies used to communicate and share
information in a variety of forms...

yet I also tend to think ICT must use electricity... nevertheless if you
stick to a a definition of storing and retrieving information ----
electricity is not needed on a blackboard...   ---

so it all depends on the definition one uses...  I did a quick search of
definitions... sure seems no two are the same....

Tim

_________________________________
John "Tim"  Denny, Ph.D.
  Advisor- International Development, Education  and ICT
  Executive Director, PC4peace http://www.pc4peace.org
  Advisory Board, Masters of Development Studies -RUPP
  International Journal of Multicultural Education, Electronic Green Journal
  http://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/drjtdenny
 Join Cambodia Joomla! Users group - http://groups.google.com/jugcam

"The diligent farmer plants trees of which he himself will never see the
fruit." Cicero (106-43 BCE)

--
_