If you go to the home page of any of the following using Netscape 4.6 they do NOT display properly. So for a 'novice' and for anyone on the other side of the digital divide who wants to easily communicate with others via the internet, and not have the technology disempower them, these are the nonsense

wordpress.com
squarespace.com
MyBlogSite.com/
blogger.com
xanga.com
blogjet.com

livejournal.com is sort of ok - you can follow screen instructions at least
blogware.com also seems just about okay

So the 'nonsense' is that the medium is blocking the (potential) message.

JW

(this is not an exhaustive list - just what I could tolerate doing over an hour switching between Netscape 4 and IE6 for comparison)

Point of Information - the Digital Divide home page displays, but none of the discussion board facilities display in Netscape 4