I am very familiar with the W3C, but what does that have to do with anything?

Is it too much to ask that folk with older browsers simply turn off style sheets? We want to cross the digital divide, right? It's frustrating to surf on an older computer because sites are all messed up and content is hard to read. That's disempowering to some who may want to start a blog and voice their opinions but are stymied by old technology. To remove that block, turn off style sheets. What's the problem with that?

If not that, then what *are* the "browser standards" being proposed? I still argue that "browser standards" has been misinterpreted on this thread. If we are, indeed, discussing browser standards, the W3C is beginning to address that, no? If browser companies were to read the W3C specs and build browsers that interpreted code according to those specs, would that achieve the desired effect?

What about all those people out there that currently have NS4.5 and CANNOT upgrade due to low processors? What are we doing to make the internet accessible for them? That's why I brought coding standards into this discussion, because all we can do for the NS4.5 people is code better. If someone is stuck with an old browser, we need to take that browser into consideration when designing and coding sites. That's the idea that I read as the original intent of this thread.
-todd seal
[EMAIL PROTECTED]