Am 29.04.2012 21:57, schrieb Mirko Pilger:
i would like to know a bit more about those "extension modules for vibe"
and the "vpm registry". e.g. can i write yet another web framework on
top of the vibe io modules as an "vibe extension" and would you even
encourage this?

Essentially a VPM module nothing more that a normal library that has vibe.d as a dependency. It can also have additional VPM dependencies and can bring its own template files and resources. What you do with it is basically not really limited. I wouldn't say it really is a good idea to implement alternatives to large parts of the existing libraries, as that would just fragment everything (->tango/phobos). But in general its definitely possible.

Currently VPM modules should just adhere to the structure in http://vibed.org/docs#first-steps and have to have an additional URL field in the package.json with a direct download link (at least for now it must be a github repository zipball link). I can then put it manually into the registry so that anyone automatically gets it as soon as some project adds it as a dependency.

A proper user inferface for registry.vibed.org is planned as the next step, as well as TAG support for github repositories to mark release versions.