On 1/15/2013 4:09 AM, bearophile wrote:
One common indentation-related bug is caused by relying on the indentation to
understand code, while the curly brace language compiler ignores what you were
seeing and only sees the braces. I have seen many cases of delayed code
understanding caused by that. Making the syntax more DRY (this means stating the
logical indentation using only one communication channel) helps avoid those
mistakes (and reduces the visual noise, further helping code readability).

This is the job of a syntax aware editor (and other source code formatting tools), not the language. In my not-so-humble opinion.

BTW, I'd like to see a source code formatter for D. Anyone want to step up?