On Thursday, 27 June 2013 at 13:25:06 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Thursday, 27 June 2013 at 13:18:01 UTC, Joakim wrote:
Look, I get it, you guys are religious zealots- you tip your hand when you allude to ethical or moral reasons for using open source, a crazy idea if there ever was one- and you will come up with all kinds of silly arguments in the face of overwhelming evidence that _pure_ open source has failed.

Most replies to you have been quite measured and reasonable. I'm not sure what justifies you calling people zealots.
Read the rest of the sentence which you quoted, my reasons are stated. When I come across so many arguments that are _factually_ wrong- "the Artistic license doesn't allow closing source," "most linux installs don't use binary blobs"- I know I'm dealing with religious zealots.