On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 19:15:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2014-08-07 19:15, Dicebot wrote:

And here I also mean that all other Windows builds of compilers / interpreters I have used / tried passed that simple sanity test. Some may require complicated setup to do complicated things but "hello world"
is always just that simple.

Microsoft seems to be the only company who can afford doing things like
that with users and expect them to suck it >_<

On OS X both work well. You can either just press "the button" or use the command line, assuming you have installed the command line tools.

This is kind of why I picked up a Powerbook a decade ago, to be able to use the command-line and Unix and still have multimedia work well (linux/BSD audio/video have made major strides since then). Then, among other reasons, I found out that Apple is using that money for stuff like this, and that's the first and last Apple product I ever bought:

http://www.cnet.com/news/us-patent-office-rejects-apple-autocomplete-patent-used-against-samsung/