On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 09:15:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 15:20:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net. It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, let alone to machines.

Given a large enough table one could encode perceived human behaviour with a lookup-table... So all we need is a computer program that itself claims to possess consciousness. Would that be a scam? Maybe Asame Obiomah is a computer program claiming to be a man writing a computer program. Would that make it intelligent? Hm.

Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent than your average tabloid reader :)))