On Friday, 2 March 2018 at 01:19:53 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

Because it has not stopped changing.  To wit:

        K&R C (1978)
        C89 / C90 / ANSI C (1989-1990)
        The 1995 amendment to ANSI C (1995)
        C99 (1999)
        (Embedded C (2008))
        C11 (2011)

btw. I never said 'stop changing', I said "I wish programming languages would just stop changing so often."

And that last update to C, in 2011, was 7 years ago..

relative stability is a sure sign that something is right.

constant, regular, change is a sure sign that something is wrong.

And if stability were not the preferred state towards which things evolve, then the universe would be a very different place indeed.