On Monday, 25 February 2019 at 02:56:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Your DIP, and nobody else is going to do it, so it falls to me.

It will be reviewed at Dconf, please make sure you have an _accurate_ summary of your criticisms of the DIP ready for then.

BTW, everyone should expect the DIP process to be brutal.

No! It should be thorough, that is a critical distinction.

It has to be, we're long past the stage where we can allow misshapen stuff to get into the language. Nobody was very kind with my bottom type DIP :-)

Perhaps because you responded to _precisely none_ of the feedback and wasted everybody's time?

You should read the dismissal of mine and Andrei's "static if" proposal for C++! (Ironically, it was later adopted after someone else redid it, after removing one of its keystone features.)

I have, it is hysterical in all senses to the word. I don't see how that relates to any of this.