On Sunday, 20 December 2020 at 22:21:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/13/2020 10:47 PM, 9il wrote:
Note that D's compiler floating-point literals parsing and Phobos floating-point literals parsing are not precise [5,6,7,8]. It is recommended to use Mir's to!double/float/real to convert floating-point numbers from a string.

Can the improved parsing be added to D? (It would need to be Boost licensed.)

If I am correct there is open PR that set DMD to use C’s primitives for literals parsing. So, for compiler itself we don’t need Mir.

If you mean Phobos - one can use Mir instead.