On Tuesday, 22 December 2020 at 02:02:24 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/20/2020 9:42 PM, 9il wrote:
On Sunday, 20 December 2020 at 22:21:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Can the improved parsing be added to D? (It would need to be Boost licensed.)
If I am correct there is open PR that set DMD to use C’s primitives for literals parsing. So, for compiler itself we don’t need Mir.

That's not correct for the targets that use Digital Mars C.

I thought that DMD is compiled with LDC for release builds, isn't it?

If you mean Phobos - one can use Mir instead.

These functions in Phobos would make a great advertisement for Mir.

How this possible? Having them in Mir is already a great advertisement for Mir and not having them in Phobos is an even more great advertisement for Mir.

  • Printing shortest decimal ... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Printing shortest... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Printing shortest... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Printing shor... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Printing ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Print... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... 9il via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d-announce