On Sunday, 2 November 2014 at 15:13:37 UTC, bearophile wrote:
I have often arrays that are sorted, and sometimes I'd like to append items to them. So I'd like to write something like:

SortedRange!(Foo[], q{ a.x < b.x }) data;
data ~= Foo(5);
immutable n = data.upperBound(Foo(2)).length;

This means having an array of Foos as sorted range, and appending an item to it keeping the sorting invariant (so in non-release mode the append verifies the array is empty or the last two items satisfy the sorting invariant), and this allows me to call functions like upperBound any time I want on 'data' without using any unsafe and unclean assumeSorted.

Is this possible and a good idea to do?

Bye,
bearophile

My concern is that SortedRange only accepts a range which is random-access and limits its functionality to those primitives. Concatenation is not required for random-access ranges, so should we expect SortedRange to overload this operator?