On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 07:46:53 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-12-15 15:43, John Colvin wrote:

I have no idea how you got something in /Library/D, but it doubt it
was from homebrew.

The native installer installs into /Library/D.

Well that probably explains the problem then.

Possible, but more likely a leftover from installing dmd some other way. Seems to be the case in 90% of "I installed dmd using X and it didn't
work".

Shouldn't an installer make sure the files it installed is the files being used?

How exactly would it do that? I guess it could parse some output from dmd to check that it's looking in the right directories, that would be a nice enhancement.

I wouldn't want it to try and do much to fix the situation if it didn't work, that would be too intrusive.

The important thing is not to mix and match installers unless you know
how they work.

DVM will take precedence :)

How does it do that?

DVM seems useful if you really need multiple versions of DMD installed, but in general I don't like having a special installer tool for each piece of software, each with its own way of doing things.