Chris R Miller wrote:
Michel Fortin wrote:

Well there's one error:

"If you ignore Cocoa, then there is the GNUStep [gnustep.org] project, which is an Open-Source implementation of the old Carbon standard from NeXT Step."

No. Carbon was created to ease port of classic Mac OS applications to Mac OS X. It's a revamped version of the Mac OS Toolbox, which got some additions as Mac OS X evolved. It has nothing to do with NeXT.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(API)>

Yikes, I'm just full of hot air today, aren't I?

Fixed.  :-)

If it matters, the name of the old standard was "OpenStep"
and it was released by NeXT with Sun Microsystems in 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openstep

--anders