Jérôme M. Berger wrote:

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Yea, I was going to mention that, too. As far as I'm concerned "*make" is the same sort of undead unholy relic as C++. Ie, They've served their use, but these days they're terrible anachronisms that just need to be allowed to finally die. SCons absolutely *kills* make, and last I looked, AAP was even better than SCons (IMO). Not to get into an AAP vs SCons debate or anything, but my point is, with all the stuff out there that's so much better than *make, there's really not much reason beyond pure inertia and ignorance of the alternatives to keep holding onto it.
        I don't know AAP. Do you have a link? A quick look on google and
freshmeat didn't return anything useful...

http://www.a-a-p.org/