Sean Kelly wrote:
As for programming specifically... I made a deliberate shift away from
Windows years ago because it's a nightmare to develop for (aside from
Visual Studio, which is a great debugging environment).  Best move I
ever made.

Yah, I too remember my Windows-only days the way I'd remember a temporary disability. (I recall to this day: any little thing I wanted to do, I'd start off a wizard in Dev Studio. It was kind of a surprise for me to find out that all those programs had been written, along with plenty more.) Being a user is one thing, but I think a programmer who only does Windows is seriously impaired.