BCS:
> you spotted the issue, code porting and principle of least surprise<

- Code porting: If you port C code to D, it uses /* */ in a non nested way, so
making /* */ nestable in D doesn't cause problems. The new semantic is backward
compatible.
- The principle of least surprise: a C programmer doesn't nest them. So if used
correctly there's no surprise. If he/she/shi tries to nest them (creating a bug
if it's C code) finds their increased semantic meaning. I don't think this can
lead to bugs. The new nesting semantic is natural, and quick to learn once you
read about it, see it, or try it once. My editor colorizes the code correctly
according to the nestable /+ +/ too.
- Complexity: every syntactic bit removed from the D language is a gain. Less
things to learn, to read about, to remember, etc.

So I'm for the removal of /+ +/ and making /* */ nestable.

Bye,
bearophile