Reply to Nick,

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote in message
news:gsku34$29t...@digitalmars.com...

bearophile wrote:

BCS:

you spotted the issue, code porting and principle of least
surprise<

- Code porting: If you port C code to D, it uses /* */ in a non
nested way

No. This is valid C:

/* comment /* more comment */

That seems like a rather trivial thing to be designing our language
around. And regarding principle of least surprise, the current /**/
behavior is only least-surprise for people who are already familiar
with that particular detail of /**/. From a fresher perspective, the
/++/ behavior is vastly less surprising.

I can understand the desire not to cause too much trouble for porting,
but sometimes I think D places far too much emphasis on that.

I'd be fine depricating /**/.