On Saturday, 10 November 2012 at 11:30:31 UTC, Alix Pexton wrote:
All I want to be able to do with my VM is be able to build GDC for my RasPi (via all the hoops that are necessary to get cross compilation working), not bothered about any GUI stuff or bells/whistles, suggestions for a good distro to go with are welcome!

I use Arch Linux for this kind of stuff, and just ssh into my VMs instead of running X on them. I especially like Arch for this because it doesn't come with loads of bloat (for this setting) installed by default, yet is comfortable to use – at least if you are somewhat familiar with Linux already.

David