On Friday, 16 November 2012 at 00:55:36 UTC, Stugol wrote:
On Friday, 16 November 2012 at 00:20:00 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 16 November 2012 at 00:11:19 UTC, Stugol wrote:
As to the module bug, I refer you to this error I just received after trying to use D again after a long absence:

"Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D8infinity8standard3api7windows12__ModuleInfoZ d:\Documents\Programming\WindowsApp1\WindowsApp1\"

That means the your custom module wasn't given on the final command line.

I'm using VisualD. I don't have a final command line.

So I'm going to have to claim this isn't a bug. And I know very little about how to address this issue with VisualD. For this reason I can't just give you an answer and instead I'll have to explain what you are being told so that you can find the missing piece. And as I don't know your experience it may sound as though I'm talking down to you.

While this may seem a nitpick it is an important distinction. This is not a compiler error, it is from the linker. This means your program has has compiled successfully.

The role of the linker is to find the machine code that can execute function calls you have made.

From your link I see that your are using DFL, This is generally built into a library and then the linker is told to grab it. And I believe you'll need to tell it to build a windows executable: /exet:nt/su:windows:4.0

http://wiki.dprogramming.com/Dfl/SetupInstructions

Onto the optional module statement. It is optional, but the name is derived from the directory and file structure at the place of compilation. So if VisualD does some incremental compilation from within a folder then the module will not be named what you are looking it up as. If this is the case then maybe the VisualD project has a bug here. I'm more incline to believe that you've attempted a combination of parts and just don't know how they fit together.

The only way to improve on this situation is to write a tutorial on how to fit x, y and z together and make a whole. Generally this would come from the one trying to fit these pieces together as everyone has their own desired combinations. You may convince someone to give it a try, but you'll make it much more likely with a reduced case that demonstrates the problem, Run is not an entry into a program. I have had my share of difficult/impossible reductions, but I can't imagine you're very far with having run into this problem.