AFAIK those are more like Windows API & ABI reverse engineered and reimplemented and that is a huge difference.

On Monday, 17 December 2012 at 10:01:35 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-12-17 09:21, Walter Bright wrote:

I know what I'm talking about with this. The only time they get reverse engineered is when somebody really really REALLY wants to do it, an expert is necessary to do the job, and it's completely impractical for larger sets of files. You cannot build a tool to do it, it must be done by hand, line by line. It's the proverbial turning of hamburger back
into a cow.

Evert heard of Wine or ReactOS, it's basically Windows reversed engineered.