On 12/21/12 7:52 PM, Rob T wrote:
On Saturday, 22 December 2012 at 00:00:43 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
The current separate wiki pages that mirror the dlang site are the worse
of both worlds in that the content exists, is hardly ever folded in, and
isn't even visible along side the page but hidden off behind a link
that I
bet most people never even see.

Thoughts?

Later,
Brad

I think the reason for the disconnection is due to the docs not being
stored with the wiki and I don't see what can be done to merge the two
since they are two completely separate and different sources of
documentation.

Behold: http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.exp.php

BTW, it turns out I didn't notice the wiki link until after reading your
post! The link should be a button or something else that's much more
noticeable and friendly for users to explore.

Even better, I think the content should be inlined!!!

One grip do I have is that the "improve this page" system is rather
unfriendly, and because of this I've not yet taken the time to research
what I have to do to get to the point where I can contribute
improvements. I suspect it turns away most people who otherwise would
try and contribute.

Making it too easy may escalate moderation needs.

In any event, what I see with the new document format is a very very
large improvement and the sooner it is implemented (even with some of
the minor flaws not yet fixed) the better.

Agreed.