On Saturday, 22 December 2012 at 00:00:43 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
The current separate wiki pages that mirror the dlang site are the worse of both worlds in that the content exists, is hardly ever folded in, and isn't even visible along side the page but hidden off behind a link that I
bet most people never even see.

Thoughts?

Later,
Brad

I think the reason for the disconnection is due to the docs not being stored with the wiki and I don't see what can be done to merge the two since they are two completely separate and different sources of documentation.

BTW, it turns out I didn't notice the wiki link until after reading your post! The link should be a button or something else that's much more noticeable and friendly for users to explore.

One grip do I have is that the "improve this page" system is rather unfriendly, and because of this I've not yet taken the time to research what I have to do to get to the point where I can contribute improvements. I suspect it turns away most people who otherwise would try and contribute.

In any event, what I see with the new document format is a very very large improvement and the sooner it is implemented (even with some of the minor flaws not yet fixed) the better.

--rt