On Sunday, 27 January 2013 at 23:34:59 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
In order to do that, it is necessary aware of the precise definitions, or at least specifications, of referenced declarations in any case. So by your definition, the current function call syntax is "unambiguous".

Sure, it is for compiler. And it for me if I check the definition of symbol. But without going to some other source file and looking up definition there is no way to guess if this:
-----
auto ret = something.anything;
-----
..actually does anything else but reassigning a field to a variable. In my personal experience time lost to check such stuff out is much more than time saved by fast and convenient parens-less coding. Thus the attitude.