On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 13:30:33 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 28 January 2013 at 08:14:45 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Sure, it is for compiler. And it for me if I check the definition of symbol.

However, as long as we have properties *at all* you'd have to check it. If we removed optional parens and put in C# style property syntax, it is still possible .anything is a function call.

No, I am repeating this again and again - when I see a property I need to think it is a variable. It is intended fooling of the reader and reason to have properties. Thus no checking in that case, I just assume it is a field or variable or anything like that.

And if I'll spend few days debugging the case that comes down to my colleague has designed a property that does not behave like a field - I'll go and politely ask to stop doing this. May be also will punch him. Problem solved.