On Wednesday, 3 April 2013 at 07:01:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-04-02 22:15, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:

This illustrates my point nicely! What does the shell do in this case? It treats both errors the same: It prints an error message and returns to the command line. It does not magically try to guess the filename,
find a way to get you permission, etc.

Which is exactly what you'd use FilesystemException.kind and/or FilesystemException.msg for.

I never said there shouldn't be a way to distinguish between file errors, I just said that in most cases, an entirely new exception class is overkill.

Lars