On 2013-04-03 05:14, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

The example dictates we determine why the exception is thrown, yet that
we can't catch the exact type, because we would have to duplicate the
code block.

So we somehow have to catch the base type and then manually verify it's
one of the types we want, and rethrow otherwise.  If there is a better
idea, I'd love to hear it.

My objection was mostly to "maybe we need to come up with a way to do that in normal code too". Exceptions are kind of weird in that you break what OO is all about, not having to know the exact type. You may not need that with exceptions either, depending on what you do with them.

--
/Jacob Carlborg