On Monday, 13 May 2013 at 21:52:28 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On Mon, 13 May 2013 08:52:47 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

Take a look at Sublime Text. It's ridicules fast and cross platform. The only problem is that it's not free. You can download it for free
and dismiss a dialog popping up once in a while.

http://www.sublimetext.com/

Hmm, yea I've looked at that before. There's some nice things about it, but honestly, I can't stand non-native UIs (both looks and behavior).
Plus the settings don't seem to work (tried changing one, saved,
restarted, and it had no effect), and the text seems a little blurry, and I'm kind of uneasy about relying on closed-source for something I rely on as much as a text editor. Don't like being completely at some
company's mercy for any changes/fixes I may need.

Are you using a higher DPI? If so, you'd want to disable DPI scaling (32-bit version only, Rightclick -> Properties -> Compatability) and just increase the font size. Otherwise, it'll be rendering text at a lower resolution and appear blurry and ugly.