On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 00:53:18 UTC, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
According to the review queue, there there are 5 items that are currently ready for review. There was even a thread a while back about starting another formal review, where both Jacob Carlborg and Brian Schott said they're ready for review: http://forum.dlang.org/thread/gjonxudcdiwrlkgww...@forum.dlang.org (it mostly digressed into bickering about the review process...).

Is there currently a formal review under way? I'm particularly interested in the outcome of the formal review of std.serialize, because I'd like to see a decent replacement for std.json (I'd be willing to contribute as well).

I havn't seen anything in this mailing list (except the above and one by Walter Bright) for a while, and I haven't seen any pull requests for any of the items in the review queue.

I'm also very interested in seeing the status of std.serialize. The lack of a serialization library in phobos is rather disappointing, and it would be nice to see the situation rectified. From what I can tell, orange/std.serialize seems quite nice, but I haven't personally tried it yet as I'd rather avoid third party dependencies and have been waiting for it to make it into phobos instead.