On Friday, 9 August 2013 at 09:03:34 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
09-Aug-2013 04:53, Tyler Jameson Little пишет:
According to the review queue, there there are 5 items that are
currently ready for review. There was even a thread a while back about starting another formal review, where both Jacob Carlborg and Brian
Schott said they're ready for review:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/gjonxudcdiwrlkgww...@forum.dlang.org (it
mostly digressed into bickering about the review process...).

Truth be told the wiki page is a bit misleading:

std.compression.lz77 - might be ready for review (as in code) but needs to address fundamental design decisions and get the right interface for all streaming (de)compressors. std.idioms - a great idea but at the moment it hardly pulls its weight providing only a couple of helpers

Yeah, I saw that. I was actually part-way through implementing the DEFLATE algorithm when I realized the interface should probably be a community decision. Then I ran out of time...

I'm particularly
interested in the outcome of the formal review of std.serialize, because I'd like to see a decent replacement for std.json (I'd be willing to
contribute as well).

Then you would need to design a new std.json or land a hand in such a project. std.serialization should simply use it then as a backend not the other way around.

I'm willing to contribute code, but I feel any contribution would have to wait until std.serialization has gone through review. I'd ultimately prefer something simple like my PR: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/885, but I'm hesitant to add yet another item to the review queue, especially since std.serialization may obsolete my work.

I havn't seen anything in this mailing list (except the above and one by Walter Bright) for a while, and I haven't seen any pull requests for any
of the items in the review queue.

Well previously reviewed std.uni got pulled recently. Things are moving but slooowly.

Is this due to the review process review? Who do I bug to get things underway? I'd offer to act as review manager, but I don't feel I have enough clout in the community to do so.