On Thursday, 3 October 2013 at 11:47:50 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-10-03 13:31, Dicebot wrote:

Remembering std.serialization discussion though, it felt like people are more in favor of merging generic functionality into matching modules
instead of keeping everything self-contained.

I got the opposite feeling. That it's generally better for utility functions, that could be useful for the rest of Phobos, be kept private. Then we can later extract those functions if they're considered useful.

The more public API the harder it will become to get the changes accepted. All the bikeshedding about where to put the functions and what to name them.

That is a bit frustrating part - we (reviewers) kind of want stuff cleanly separated between modules for further re-usage but at the same time we will make your life hell when reviewing how exactly this stuff needs to be incorporated :P