On 10/7/13 9:21 PM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 October 2013 at 00:16:45 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/d07dd46d

I have to say, that `generateCases` function is rather disgusting. I'm
really worried about the trend of using string mixins when not
necessary, for no apparent gain. Surely you could have used static
foreach to generate those cases instead, allowing code that is actually
readable. It would probably have much better compile-time performance as
well, but that's just speculation.

This is the first shot, and I'm more interested in the API with the
implementation to be improved. Your idea sounds great - care to put it
in code so we see how it does?

Andrei

FWIW I just tried this, and it seems to work swell.

int main(string[] args) {
  alias TypeTuple!(1, 2, 3, 4) tt;
  int a;
  switch (args.length) {