On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 18:57:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-11-27 19:00, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I agree the business with distributing all binaries for all platforms in the .zip is just weird. We should drop it for the New Year's release.

I would hate to see the cross-platform zip gone. It would break DVM and probably other tools/scripts.

I don't mind additional packages but please, keep the current zip as well.

DVM is already broken if it relies on binaries present in .zip
We can't claim that we support things that we don't actually support