On Wednesday, 27 November 2013 at 20:06:52 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-11-27 20:13, Dicebot wrote:

DVM is already broken if it relies on binaries present in .zip
We can't claim that we support things that we don't actually support

It works perfectly fine on Mac OS X and Windows. No need to break it on all platforms just because one platform is broken. I haven't had any problems on Linux either.

Distributing binaries for Mac and Windows is fine (though it is much better to keep those separate archives and patch DVM accordingly), this thread is about Linux ones. You did not have any problems with it because Debian derivatives take major percentage of users and you are likely to have one.