On Saturday, 7 December 2013 at 16:23:17 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
This is not the first time you are commenting my 'tenor' which is an unusual thing. Of course, it is dissosant in this 'forum', if you mean by forum constant advertisement which does not express full information about the subject (like reddit link bombing). When speaking about D newsgroups in general, I found myself pretty neutral.

Sorry you aren't. Your argument do make a lot of sense. D do not devirtualize ? Can you explain me how C does ? You are actually mentioning drawback that C have too, the only difference between C and D on these is that C do not have the advantages.

I remember regex implementation as example of superior performance. I don't remember any other libraries, projects (perhaps vide.d in some activities). Meanwhile, many people regular complain on some problems. I do remember only one thread (it was started by Jonathan) which was devoted to single purpose of describing how D language is usefull and good to solve problems.

Tango.xml is another example. When it come to text processing, D is a no match to C.