On 12/12/13 00:08, Simen Kjærås wrote:
To be honest, I don't find that subtle - it's basic dimensional analysis. :p

The maths is simple, the subtleties come with the social side of managing a codebase and the potential for someone to want some feature because it serves their use-case, and a reviewer accidentally missing that it might open a horrible can of worms somewhere else ... :-)

I'm certain it would not. At least in my mind, that's almost as bad as allowing
implicit conversion from string to integer, based on the confused notion that it
*might* be valid.

TBH I agree. I just didn't want to assume that there wasn't some valid case someone else might make, that I hadn't considered.