On 12/29/13 7:42 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
On Sunday, 29 December 2013 at 15:01:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I think a duo `TemplateArgumentList` (auto-expansion) and
`TemplateArgumentPack` (no auto-expansion) in the same module is the
ticket. It also makes for a wonderful opportunity to explain the
distinction in the documentation and recommend idioms for each.

I think we should use this chance to rectify the capitalization of the
name. As the result is not exclusively a list of types, current
conventions state that the name should be lowerCamelCase.

Fine.

I also think it should be shorter, because a) it's a fundamental, and
thus very commonly used template, and b) code that manipulates lists are
functional in nature which results in long lines that are also hard to
split up because sometimes they are in template constraints or function
template parameter lists etc.

No. This is the wrong place to go for short names.

I like the name `list`.

Define your own alias that way and let the long self-explanatory be.